Skip to content

Gloria Jean’s franchisee saves delicious $18K switching EFTPOS

If you want a better coffee, you can change your beans. If you want better cash flow, try changing your EFTPOS solution.

That’s what Duncan did. And the results have been outstanding, he says.

As the owner of three Gloria Jean’s cafes in Queensland, he recently switched to Smartpay’s Zero Cost EFTPOS, and the impact was immediate.

"We are saving about $18,000 annually across our sites. It's made a big difference."

“Smartpay’s Zero Cost EFTPOS is the way forward,”

Rising fees, cash flow pressure and some good advice

“I’d noticed our EFTPOS costs were going up as more people paid by card.  The EFTPOS fees were $1500 every month, impacting our cash flow.”

“My business coach recommended I consider surcharging, so I shopped around. And that’s when I found Smartpay’s Zero Cost EFTPOS. 

Unlike a standard EFTPOS set-up from the bank, there are no card transaction fees to pay with Zero Cost EFTPOS. Instead, the payment solution automatically calculates and adds a surcharge to the total for the customer to pay.

"Zero Cost EFTPOS was exactly what I needed to reduce my overheads, and it just got better from there."

The perfect blend of customer service

“Switching to Smartpay was so easy. It’s so good when you come across a company that takes all the hassle out of things.

"From my first chat with a payment specialist to receiving my terminal, I knew Smartpay's Zero Cost EFTPOS was the right choice."

“When we got the terminal, we just plugged it in and we were away. So I do not need to call them often, but when I do, they take care of it quickly,” says Duncan. 

“I still have my bank for banking, but I save on my EFTPOS. It’s the perfect blend for me.”

 

Reliable terminal produces those consistent results

"In a busy cafe, three things must work : your grinder, your espresso machine and your EFTPOS terminal.

“The Smartpay terminal is awesome. It’s simple, reliable, and we love the automatic surcharging.

“We just punch in the amount, and it’s all done. There’s no training required, and that matters when you have part-time staff.

“There’s also no need to reconcile all those confusing old transaction fees. We also get the full value of every transaction.”

Good coffee and happy customers

“We placed signs on the counter and are thankful that our customers understood the change and were very supportive. I think surcharging is common now, and customers are used to it.

"99% of customers are OK, and the other 1% still have the choice to pay another way."

“Our locals love a good coffee and the service we provide. They get that small businesses need to keep costs down, and the surcharge is just part of that.”

Zero Cost EFTPOS keeps bean counters smiling

“Our cash flow looks healthier with $18,000 of extra income, and we’re using it to cover other expenses.

“It’s like finding money in your back pocket that you didn’t know you had – and who doesn’t love that feeling.

“I recommend that every small business look closely at surcharging and Smartpay’s Zero Cost EFTPOS. It’s worth your time.”

Want to know more about surcharging?

If you’re keen to learn more about how surcharging on EFTPOS works, or what you could save, find out more about Zero Cost EFTPOS. To talk about how surcharging could work for your business, get in touch with the team at Smartpay.

We have signs on our counter and advise customers when they pay; we are very transparent. The surcharge appears on the terminal screen and their receipt.