Making a Sale
Once you have configured your Sales Departments and Product Quick Keys you are ready to start selling.
- Select Quick Products or enter sales amount and assign to relevant Sales Department to add to bill
- Add discount if required
- Tap CASH or CARD button to tender sale for full amount
- Till2Go allows split bill payments.
- If using CASH tender you can enter the amount received and Till2Go will calculate the change required.
- If using CARD tender you will need a compatible Smartpay EFTPOS terminal. The tender amount must be equal or less than the bill total.
- If using CARD tender and you have taken a signature EFTPOS payment, or you have the Smartlink app set to Email All Receipts, an automatic email will populate. Press Send to keep the Merchant copy of the transaction receipt.
- Transaction result box will pop up and ask if you would like a (customer) receipt
- Select NO to complete current sale and return to Till2Go for next sale.
- Select YES and enter email address to email receipt to customer.
- If you have a receipt printer attached you will be offered the choice to print or email the receipt.
Creating an Invoice
The merchant and banking details in POS (Till2Go) and INVOICE (Bill2Go) mode will be the same.
Product Quick Keys created in POS mode are also available for use in INVOICE mode.
- Select Quick Products or tap and hold on line item details to enter Item name, description, quantity, unit cost and GST setting.
- There are four options available to complete the invoice: CASH; CARD; EMAIL; PRINT
- To take payment straight away select the CASH or CARD option and the total amount will either be recorded as a cash payment or sent to a connected EFTPOS terminal for card payment.
- Select EMAIL to send a copy of the invoice to your customer including your bank account details to make payment on. If you have ecommerce facilities you can add a clickable link for them to access directly to make payment.
- You will only be able to select PRINT if you have a compatible printer connected.
Refunds can be only be processed and recorded through the Till2Go POS. If you wish to refund card purchases you will need to have this function enabled by your Merchant Bank.
To set to refund mode, swipe right in the header or footer area to view the Settings menu tab and tap on the word “Refund”.
Enter the refund details in the same way you would for making a sale. You will notice when you are in refund mode the text in the bill area is red.
Complete the sale using the CASH or CARD buttons. You will be prompted with a popup box to confirm you wish to refund the bill amount. Select “Yes” to continue or “No” to return to the bill. Once you have processed the refund Till2Go will automatically return to sale mode.
To exit refund mode without processing a refund, tap and hold on the C button. Back in sale mode the text in the bill area is black.
Troubleshooting and FAQs
These apps are provided free of charge and are downloaded and utilised at the users own risk. Please be aware Smartpay does not offer any Till2Go support services or data backup. We will do our best to assist users that call the Smartpay EFTPOS helpdesk but we do not guarantee to be able to solve or answer all enquiries.
If the app experiences any serious problem such as crashes, freezes or no longer works for unknown reason the user’s data may be lost. For this reason, we recommend downloading the transaction report at the end of each day if you wish to save this data permanently. Smartpay does not accept any liability for any lost data or sales (see T&Cs). To continue using Till2Go you may need to delete and reload a new copy from the app store.
If you have questions regarding technical information, complaints or requests for added functionality, please contact us.
To minimise any potential problems always ensure you are using Till2Go appropriately.
- Make sure you are connected to a secure Wi-Fi network. We do not recommend you use Till2Go or take payments using Smartlink over an open or public Wi-Fi network.
- Do not interrupt Till2Go (or Smartlink) while a card transaction is being sent or processed. Doing things such as answering a phone call, pressing the Home button or using another app will interrupt the payment communication process, and can cause the transaction to fail.
- Make sure you are following the terms and conditions of your Merchant Agreement plus all payment network provider and card acceptance requirements for any EFTPOS transactions. When using any EFTPOS terminal it is the merchant’s responsibility to keep a copy of all receipts – including electronic signature receipts.
- For EFTPOS transactions where the cardholder is required to sign their receipt, whether the signature is captured digitally on the POS screen, or manually on the paper receipt, the merchant must confirm the signature against that displayed on the card BEFORE they accept the transaction on the EFTPOS terminal. If a transaction is accepted on the D200 EFTPOS terminal before the cardholder signs on the POS screen, the merchant will be unable to verify the transaction if required to at a later date.
- To get the merchant copy of EFTPOS e-receipts the merchant should enter their email address into the Smartlink app. Smartlink will automatically populate e-receipt emails and the merchant just needs to press Send to receive them. If the merchant wishes to keep all e-receipts (signed and non-signed) just enable Email All Receipts function.
- If you would like to add a POS receipt printer or cash drawer to your Till2Go set up please use our recommended accessories for best results. For further information please contact our customer service team.
How do I accept card payments?
You will need the free Smartpay Smartlink iOS app, a compatible Merchant Number and a compatible Smartlink Lite enabled Smartpay EFTPOS terminal to process card transactions. Contact Smartpay on 1800 433 876 to get you started or email firstname.lastname@example.org
How do I print a physical receipt?
At the end of each transaction, you will be offered the option to email a receipt that includes the EFTPOS and POS receipt details. To print a physical EFTPOS receipt you will need to use the Smartpay D210 EFTPOS terminal. To print a physical POS receipt you will need to have a compatible POS receipt printer connected to Till2Go.
Email email@example.com or call our sales team on 1800 433 876 if you are interested in getting a receipt printer, cash drawer or tablet stand. Ask about Till2Go Pop-Up-Payment Packs.
What happens if my Internet connection or Wi-Fi goes down while I'm using Till2Go?
Till2Go is a standalone application so you will still be able to enter and record cash transactions on your iOS device. If you lose internet connectivity Till2Go will not be able to communicate with your EFTPOS terminal or other networked accessories and will not be able to email receipts. Your EFTPOS terminal may still be able to process payments in standalone mode if this functionality is enabled by your bank.
Can I give a discount?
Yes. You can enter a fixed price discount by typing in the amount and pressing the D button to add it to the bill. Or to calculate a percentage discount enter the bill total then multiply it by the percentage discount required and press the D button (e.g. to add a 10% discount to a $20 sale enter 20 x 0.10 and press the D button).
Can I process a refund?
Yes. You can process a refund on Till2Go using the Refund option in the general settings/side menu. Card refunds can be processed through the EFTPOS terminal if you have a Merchant Refund Card authorised by your bank.
What reports are available on Till2Go?
Till2Go offers a basic sales report and up to 10 past transaction receipts. To access the general settings/side menu swipe the screen from left to right. The sales report shows department sales and sales totals. The report can be customised to view date ranges and emailed to save data.
If for any reason the Till2Go app should be deleted, reports and transaction history will also be deleted. Smartpay is not liable for the loss of any report history or other information stored in this app.
Why doesn’t my Till2Go CARD transaction request appear on my EFTPOS terminal?
Your payment request may not be getting through to the terminal for a range of reasons. Most are simple to check and correct – see below for some common issues…
Problem: No Smartlink
Solution: To enable interfacing the Till2Go app with an EFTPOS terminal, you will need to use a Smartlink enabled Smartpay D-Series EFTPOS terminal, along with the Smartpay Smartlink app. Contact Smartpay on 0800 476 278 to get you started or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Problem: Incorrect terminal IP address in Smartlink app. If you are using a DHCP address you will need to check the terminal IP matches each time you first set up or if you swap Wi-Fi networks.
Solution: To send information from the Smartlink app to the EFTPOS terminal you need to enter the terminal’s IP address into the Smartlink app settings.
1. Press #1 on your Smartlink Lite enabled EFTPOS terminal to view its IP address.
2. Tap the cog icon on the Smartlink iOS app main screen to access the app settings.
3. Enter the IP address from your EFTPOS terminal in the Smartlink app and tap Done.
4. Return to the Till2Go app and continue the sale.
Problem: Wi-Fi problems:
– Weak or no Wi-Fi signal
– Till2Go and terminal are on different Wi-Fi networks
Solution: Make sure that your device running Till2Go and your EFTPOS terminal (and any other networked accessories) is set up on the same internet network. Check the signal strength is adequate on all devices. To check Wi-Fi signal on your terminal access the Merchant Functions>Administration Menu and perform a manual log on.
Problem: The terminal is displaying Administration Menu or configuration screens
Solution: Your EFTPOS terminal will not accept a transaction request if it is in one of the menu or housekeeping functions. Ensure your terminal is connected to Wi-Fi and displaying the idle/standby screen before sending a transaction request.
Problem: iPad or iPhone has automatically timed out and locked its screen
Solution: Turn off automatic time out function on your device or set it to the longest time out setting possible to minimise this issue.
Problem: Hotspot off iPhone stops working
Solution: Some users have reported issues when connecting their terminal through their iPhone generated personal hotspot. Your Apple device will stop broadcasting Wi-Fi if you put it to sleep or if 90 seconds elapse and no connected devices use Wi-Fi. It can usually be fixed by resetting the personal hotspot on the iPhone and turning everything off and back on to reconnect. We recommend using a mobile hotspot device for a more consistent connection (there are several types of hardware and data providers available – check with your local telco or consumer electronics store).
If you encounter an issue using your iPhone Personal Hotspot with other Wi-Fi devices, try these steps:
- Turn Personal Hotspot off.
- Turn on Wi-Fi: Tap Settings > Wi-Fi.
- Turn Personal Hotspot on.
- If another device can’t join your Wi-Fi network, make sure the Wi-Fi password is correct.
- If the device can’t see your Wi-Fi network, check your device name.
- See how many devices are using your Personal Hotspot. Depending on your wireless carrier, the number of Wi-Fi connections may be limited to three devices at once.
- If the other device still can’t connect, turn Wi-Fi off and on for the device.
- Make sure that your device can see other Wi-Fi networks.
Printer Set-Up and Troubleshooting
The Till2Go app can be connected to an Ethernet printer and has been developed for use with the STAR TSP143 thermal printer. To set up your Till2Go with the Ethernet printer you will need a Wi-Fi Router with Ethernet ports.
The printer should be connected to the router via Ethernet cable and the iPhone or iPad will be connected to the same network via Wi-Fi. The printer can also be used to automatically open a cash drawer by connecting the two through an RJ12 cable.