EFTPOS transactions are the payment method of choice for most vendors and customers. While uncommon, there may come a time when your machine experiences some technical difficulties.
If your Smartpay D210e terminal has become unresponsive or unusually slow, it may be worthwhile restarting your machine.
Although this may not fix every issue, most minor technical difficulties can be resolved by simply rebooting your machine. In most cases, a restart should be the first thing you try before digging deeper into the problem.
When to Restart EFTPOS Machine
An EFTPOS reboot can be a quick solution to a host of different problems, including but not limited to:
- The EFTPOS device won’t connect or is returning a Communications Error
- Payment processing is taking too long
- The contactless payment reader is not functioning properly
- The EFTPOS machine is frozen or the terminal is not reading command inputs correctly
How to Restart Your Smartpay EFTPOS Machine
If your terminal is still responsive to inputs, you can try the following method:
- Press and hold the cancel key on the bottom left of your terminal <X CANCEL> for 3 seconds. This should power your machine off.
- Wait 30 seconds, then press and hold the cancel button again for 3 seconds to power on the device.
- Observe the screen and wait until the boot sequence completes.
- Perform a “Manual Logon” on the Terminal Idle Screen, by following these steps:
– 4 – Manual Logon
- Test the terminal to see if the issue has been resolved.
What to Avoid when Restarting EFTPOS Machine
Try to avoid any internet issues with restarting your EFTPOS machine. Often, technical difficulties can be a result of connection issues instead of a hardware or software problem with the machine. Network downtime is one of the most common reasons for transaction errors.
If you have already performed the above steps but the issues still persist, check your machine’s internet connection, or check with your internet service provider to see if there is an outage or scheduled maintenance going on.
Need More Assistance?
If you have already tried all of the above steps but require further assistance with your Smartpay EFTPOS machine, you can try searching for your problem through our help centre.
Smartpay also provides a 24/7 Technical Helpdesk for any specific issues you need help with. To receive dedicated support and troubleshooting for malfunctioning terminals, contact us any time at 1800 433 876.