We all know you should avoid dropping or damaging your terminal, but what else can you do to keep it in good working order? Here are some tips to keep it in tip top shape and avoid downtime.
Clean your terminal regularly:
- Dust off the keys and printer compartment with a micro0fibre cloth or fine paintbrush
- Use a cleaning card to get into the card swipe and chip reader slots.
- Use a soft cloth and cleaning alcohol solution to clean the terminal surface, printer lid and keys
- Keep cables and plugs tidy and free from dust and tangles
- Keep your EFTPOS terminal away from potential liquid spills.
if there are any spills, turn off the terminal and clean it as soon as you can to prevent any damage.
Keep your terminal safe:
- If you are in a dusty or wet environment think about using a protective key cover.
- Do not place the terminal in direct sunlight or a location where it could overheat.
- Take care when plugging in and unplugging charging cables
- Always use the correct power supply unit that was provided with your terminal hardware.
- Keep your terminal safe. Regularly inspect to ensure that there are no additional cables running from your terminal and the casing has not been tampered with.