Is accepting credit cards costing you money? With more and more customers looking to pay with credit cards, are your costs getting out of hand?
Payment solutions made easy
The Smartpay Surcharge add-on means you can minimise these costs to your business by automatically adding an administration surcharge fee to credit card transactions when a customer swipes or inserts their credit card.
Looking for a solution to neutralise all the costs of processing card payments, including the terminal cost? Consider our SmartCharge solution.
Frequently Asked Questions
How does surcharging work?
Can I change the rate?
What happens If I change my mind?
Important things to know
- The surcharge fee must be disclosed to the cardholder prior to the completion of the transaction and the cardholder must be given an opportunity to cancel the transaction or use another method of payment.
- The surcharge Fee is included as part of the total amount of the transaction and not collected separately.
- Our solution prints the surcharge fee in the transaction currency on the receipt.
- If you apply a surcharge fee, then you may apply such a surcharge fee on a flat rate or percentage basis
- Surcharges must not exceed the costs of processing payment under RBA rules or you could face penalties from the ACCC. View the surcharge rules to learn more about what is considered an excessive surcharge.
Get advice from a payments specialist today!
Every month our payment specialists help hundreds of businesses in all sorts of industries to get the right payment solution.
Talk to us about your business today. Phone us on 1800 433 876 or request a call back by completing the form below.