Open your doors to more Chinese customers with Smartpay and Alipay
Smartpay customers will soon be able to seamlessly process Alipay payments on the same terminal as their EFTPOS and credit card payments.
Alipay has over 520 million registered users and is the preferred payment method of Chinese tourists.
- Process Alipay transactions on your Smartpay terminal the same way you already do for other card payments.
- QR code appears on your terminal for your customer to scan, in the similar way to how they are used to in China.
- Your customer pays in a currency they are familiar with, and sees the transaction in their own language.
- Integrated with compatible Point of Sale systems.
- To make the QR payment option available it can be as simple as an update to your terminal software.
How it works
To start from your Point of Sale: If your Point of Sale is integrated for QR payments, simply enter the sale, and select QR payment on your tender screen.
Skipt to step 4 if your POS and Eftpos are integrated.
To start from your terminal: Select Alipay on the terminal.
Choose purchase and enter amount.
Terminal displays a QR code for your customer to scan.
Your customer sees the total amount payable in their own currency and approves the transaction in Alipay with their pin.
Once the transaction is approved on your terminal a receipt prints for you and your customer. If your POS is integrated it will close the sale.